CAD/CAM technology uses a digital technique to produce Ceramic Crowns, Ceramic Veneers and in general all Porcelain restorations, out of ceramic blocks in one visit only. CAD/CAM stands for computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing.
Why Would I need a Porcelain Veneer or Crown?
- Cosmetic: your teeth might not look the way you want them too. They might not be as white as you want them to, as beautiful or aligned as you wish. Porcelain Veneers will solve that problem as it like ceramic jacket put on your teeth to make it look perfect.
- Functionality: your teeth might be broken or lost its structure during the past due to trauma, acid erosion or Root Canal Treatment and the functionality of the compromised. placing a Porcelain Veneer or Crown on them can improve the structural durability of the tooth.
- Alignment: One or few of your front teeth might not be aligned and you might want to have them all straightened with Porcelain Veneers in one day rather than going through long process of orthodontic treatments.
How does Same Day Veneer Work?
We prepare the Porcelain Veneers or Crowns with our CAD/CAM system.
CAD/CAM Dentistry includes:
- We first take digital impressions of your teeth to make sure we provide you we the best Porcelain crown or Veneer necessary.
- We design the Porcelain Veneer or crown on the computer based on the scans we made earlier and the cosmetic aspects of what you would like to achieve.
- We mill or 3D print the desired Porcelain Veneer or Crown with our CAD/CAM machine using the best full ceramic materials available.
What is the best material of choice? Is it Australian made?
We mainly use VITA materials, for our Full Ceramic Crowns or Hybrid ( Ceramic + Polymer ) for more strength and conservation of tooth structure. There is also Zirconia , E-max and so many other ceramics you can request.
Would it be the same color of my natural teeth?
We check the shade of your natural teeth visally , with our shade guide manually and digitally.
- Visually : At Gorgeous smiles check what color your teeth are under natural light based on our dental experience.
- Manually: By using our Ceramic Shade Determining Model we pick the shade of your natural teeth.
- Digitally : We use Vita EasyShade V to digitally determine the color of your teeth, Vita EasyShade V is the latest technology in shade determination which eliminated all other mistakes. That is why at Gorgeous Smiles our Porcelain Veneers look exactly same as your real teeth.
At Gorgeous Smiles the Porcelain Veneers are Made and Cemented on your teeth on the same day, Yes, rather than waiting 3-4 weeks we will get your Porcelain Veneers or Crowns ready only in couple of hours!